Do you have a small room in your home that’d you’d like to make larger, but you don’t have the money in your budget to tear down a wall or add on to the room?
By using a bit of creativity, you can make that tiny room look larger without breaking the bank.
Here Are 8 Low-Cost Decorating Tips To Make Any Room In Your Home Look Bigger:
- Leave Open Space. Place taller pieces of furniture along a wall rather than out in the open space. To prevent blocking the view into a room, use shorter pieces of furniture like an ottoman or a low table. The more open space you can see, the larger the room will look.
- Brighten The Room. A well-lit room looks larger, whether it’s brightened with natural or artificial light. Remove heavy, dark draperies to let the natural light into the room. Install track lighting or recessed spot lighting, which is perfect for a small space.
- Lighten Up The Floor And Ceiling. Open up the room by using a white or very light color on the ceiling. Use light-colored flooring such as light oak or a light-colored carpet to make the room appear bigger.
- Reduce The Amount Of Furniture. This goes back to leaving open space. Keep only those pieces of furniture that you really love or really need in the room. Get rid of everything else.
- Switch To Glass. Using a glass-topped dining table, end table or coffee table gives the appearance of an open space, even though there isn’t.
- De-clutter. Too much stuff makes even a large room seem small. Organize anything you must keep.
- Choose Light Colors. Light, cool colors like pale blue and light green can make the smallest space feel open and airy.
- Use A Monochromatic Scheme. Take those light colors one step further by using colors all in the same family. When you look around a room that has the same color scheme for the furniture, flooring and walls, you believe there’s more space than there really is. Contrasting colors break up a space. Furniture is less interrupting and blends with the space if its color matches the wall.
Want a home with large rooms? I can help. Give your trusted real estate professional a call today.