Have you thought about re-decorating your home? Are you afraid you don’t have the money to complete the look you want? Don’t wait any longer. Dust off your paint brushes and sewing machine. Here are some tips for decorating your home on a shoestring budget.
- Choose A Look. Watch home decorating television shows, read magazines and books, and look at store displays for ideas you can use at your home. If you know what you like, you can often recreate these looks with less expensive materials.
- Give Old Items A New Purpose. Many items in your home can be transformed to fit with your new room. Refinish or paint tables and cabinets. Recover pillows. Replace the hardware on your cabinets and drawers for an updated look.
- Paint is an economical way to transform the look of any room in your home. Add a few coats of paint to create an entirely new look. Bright tropical colors can liven up a room, while soft, pastel colors create a sense of serenity.
- Rearrange Your Rooms. You may be surprised by how much you can change the look of your rooms by rearranging furniture and artwork. Consider switching furniture between rooms for a brand new look.
- Cover Your Furniture With Slipcovers. Slipcovers are quicker and cheaper than buying new furniture. They come in a wide variety of colors and fabrics, so you can find one that will match your new decor.
- Shop Discount Stores. Discount department stores offer everything you need for your home at a lower cost than their counterparts. You can find linens, drapes, candle holders, decorative accessories, and much more.
- Old Calendars And Art Books are a great source of beautiful artwork for your walls. Add inexpensive frames, and you have can have the look of elegant art for a fraction of the cost.
You don’t need a big budget to decorate your home. Thinking of buying or selling your home? I can make the process easier. Call your trusted real estate professional today.